Did you get "Tricked" when you put your Tallahassee Home For Sale with a Listing Agent? Did you go with the first Agent who came along? Or, did you go with the "Biggest Agent" based upon their name recognition?
You might have been "Tricked" when you signed that Listing Agreement to Sell your Tallahassee Home! Read Scott's Blog for 5 signs that you've been tricked!
Would you like a Treat or a Trick when it comes time to List your home For Sale. With Halloween right around the corner here in Manchester NH, do not fall for these tricks that could hurt your ability to SELL YOUR HOME. With a few good choices by Home Owners, you can receive the treat of a quick home sale at the best obtainable price.
Choosing the wrong agent can be a nasty trick anytime of the year.
When choosing someone to sell your home, many home owners rush into listing with the first or biggest agent only to be disappointed.
As a Home owner you have to know you have choices.
The TOP 5 ways that you may be TRICKED...
1. YOUR AGENT DOES NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONE: It sure will not be a treat if you want to reach your agent and they are not answering their phone, returning messages or even emails. They may be too busy for you or pawn you to an assistant. Some may have another job even. . All agents are not created equal, so your choice in agents is one of the most important steps. You will want to hire a LISTING AGENT who is FULL TIME and WELL EXPERIENCED with your type of home and with the area your property is located in.
2. Your SALES PRICE is the LOWEST or HIGHEST in your neighborhood. This step is one of the most important after you have hired the "BEST" LISTING AGENT in your area. Pricing the home will determine if anyone looks at it and how quick it will sell. Pricing a home too high means no one may even look at it. Pricing it to low means you as the seller, are losing money.
3. NOT HAVING YOUR HOME READY TO SHOW TO BUYERS: Once you choose an agent, set a price and sign the contract, the hard work begins to ready your home to show to buyers. your agent should walk through these steps one by one. The most common mistake some sellers make is not getting their home ready to show to buyers, You should make sure the inside and outside are clean and free of damage and debris.
4. NOT BEING READY TO RECEIVE AN OFFER: An offer starts the negotiating Process. An offer should be in writing, should be signed and dated by the buyer, it should be accompanied by a pre-qualification letter from a local and trusted bank and be accompanied with a deposit check. Verbal offers are not valid.
5. NOT BEING READY TO CLOSE THE SALE: Now that you have chosen the BEST agent in the area, you have priced your home correctly and you now have accepted an OFFER, it is time to get ready to close the Sale. This period is the most important that your agent guides you through this time period. Too many times home owners get caught off guard when the deal is ready to close. Choose an agent that WILL stand by you through EACH step of the selling process. All agents are not created equal, so your choice in agents is one of the most important steps. You will want to hire a LISTING AGENT who is FULL TIME and WELL EXPERIENCED with your type of home and with the area your property is located in.
If you live in NH, call me, I may be able to help!!!
It does not take magic to turn your "For Sale" sign into a "Sold" sign. it takes a full time Local Agent who specializes in Listing homes like yours.
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE THROUGHOUT EACH STEP OF THE LISTING AND SELLING PROCESS!!!
Please call for a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS to know what the value of your home is.
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale which may be able to help you.
We are local agents with experience who GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home..
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. With 28 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area. To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com . We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the Buying process.
If you have enjoyed reading my blog, please subscribe by clicking below
Copyright 2008-2013, All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Nothing in this blog article is to be construed as legal advice, tax advice, or financial advice. For legal advice see an attorney. For tax advice or financial advice see a tax attorney, certified public accountant, or other qualified professional.
Frederick Griffin, Licensed Real Estate Broker Tallahassee, Florida